SBDC Hosting Government Business Seminar
April 17, 2012
The seminar will run from 1-5 p.m. and is open to the public. Local and area business owners and prospective entrepreneurs interested in doing business with government entities, including universities, city and county governments, and military bases, are encouraged to attend. Admission is $10 per person, or free with an online coupon available at www.angelo.edu/content/files/15817-2012-special-events.
Purchasing directors representing various government entities will explain what they are looking for when accepting bids for contracts. The seminar will also help area businesses learn about valuable contacts and the process to become a licensed bidder. The following speakers are included on the seminar agenda:
- Donna Osborne, Concho Valley Center for Entrepreneurial Development: “Basics of Government Contracting and Overview”
- Sean Smith, Small Business Administration (SBA): “SBA Contracting Programs – 8A and HUBZone”
- Lionel Davila, SBA: “SBA Loan Program”
- Debra Dimando, SBA: “Service Disabled Veteran Certification and Women-Owned Small Business Certification”
- Margaret Mata, ASU: “How To Do Business with ASU”
- Roger Banks, City of San Angelo: “How To Do Business with the City of San Angelo”
- Brenda Sizemore, Goodfellow Air Force Base: “How To Do Business with Goodfellow AFB”
- Paul Howard, SBDC: “Additional Contracting Resources”
For more information or to register for the conference, go online to www.sbdc.angelo.edu or call 325-942-2098.