ASU Choir to Perform at Hermitage
October 23, 2012
Featured selections will include “Navidad Nuestra” by Argentine composer Ariel Ramirez, three Spanish Renaissance carols and two neo-romantic compositions by renowned cellist Pablo Casáls. The concert is open free to the public.
Classical guitarist Jesse Ramirez and percussionist Jim Bode will accompany the singers, along with Michael Yenny, ASU staff accompanist, on harpsichord. A reception provided by the Carmelite monks will follow the concert.
Due to the Hermitage’s location, 45 minutes of travel time is recommended.
For more information, call the ASU Department of Art and Music at 325-942-2085.
Directions from San Angelo to the Hermitage:
- Take U.S. Highway 277 south to Christoval.
- Pass the Tres Amigos convenience store and gas station in Christoval.
- Turn right on Allen Lane, the third street beyond Tres Amigos.
- Continue on Allen Lane for about 1.5 miles.
- Look for the Hermitage entrance on the left with the street sign for St. Joseph’s Way.
- Stay on the paved road until you arrive at the main entrance.