Angelo State University Small Business Development Center
Will work closely with Training Coordinator to support SBDC training program including administrative duties, marketing events, and managing attendee database. Additional major job functions will include hosting SBDC training events and some business research as needed.
Primary tasks include assisting BDS Training Coordinator with various duties involved in event planning, coordinating, marketing, hosting, and evaluation and attendee data entry. Additional tasks include fielding telephone calls and receiving and directing visitors. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills.
- Assist with seminar planning and preparation
- Assist management of training facility
- Host training events by welcoming attendees and ensuring sign-in or payment as needed and assisting speakers
- Collect and analyze small business training needs feedback and present results
- Data entry
- Creating or updating presentation files
- Develop marketing materials for events and programs using Adobe design software (training available)
- Updating department website
- Creating e-mail campaigns to clients and potential clients
Requires strong computer and internet research skills. Also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Knowledge of customer service and computer skills
- Skilled in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Microsoft Access and Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and able to withhold confidential information
- Ability to work in high stress environment. Able to handle multiple projects and work independently or in a group.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Prefer at least one year of business experience in event planning, administrative, marketing or other related position.
- Must currently be enrolled in ANY ASU graduate program.
Up to 17.5hrs/wk
Send/bring your résumé to the Small Business Development Center located in the Business Resource Center at 69 North Chadbourne Street, or email to email@example.com.