Wildlife Ecology & Shooting Sports Instructor/Counselor
A majority of the camp week will focus on hunting techniques, wildlife ecology, ATV riding, outdoor survival skills, shotgun training, rifle training, and archery training. Instructors will be trained and certified in these areas. In addition to these activities
we will also utilize other components such as swimming, teams courses, night hikes and sporting clays. We have partnered with Back Woods Quail Club, the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, and South Carolina 4-H Shooting Sports. For more information you can check out our website at www.ylicamps.com and click on “Camp
BA or BS in Biology, Wildlife and Fisheries, Natural Resources, or related field is preferred –Juniors, Seniors, and Graduates should apply.
Experience with hunting and shooting sports preferred but not necessary (we will train those without experience).
Residential camp experience preferred.
Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and energy to work and live with campers and staff.
Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt, and work hard as part of a team.
• Teach components of the Wildlife Ecology and Shooting Sports curriculum (training provided).
• Lead students in daily program classes and activities (wake-up, meals, canteen, campfire, and wrap-up).
• Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and
instructional times as scheduled.
• Perform direct supervision of children while involved in classes and activities.
• Perform camp counselor duties including staying and attending to campers over night while they are at
June 3 - August 10, 2013
$440-550 twice a month plus room and board and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
If you are interested in the position please send your resume and three references to Shannon Repokis at