Summer Camp Counselor
Become a professional role model through leading, instructing, and supervising campers in all areas of summer camp programming offered. Camp Voyager (technology), Zest Quest University (health/wellness), and Military Adventure Camp all run from the Youth Learning Institute’s Headquarters and Education Center in Pickens, SC and provide opportunities to
experience a wide variety of new and exciting challenges. Activities range from traditional camp programming to adventure and technology based programming including climbing walls, high ropes courses, canoeing and hiking as well as GPS devices, Robotics, and Go-Karts. All programs are offered in a safe, supervised environment where campers can
explore new areas of interests with encouragement from trained counselors and staff.
* High School graduate working towards college degree in Education, Parks and Recreation, Computer Science, Engineering, natural sciences, or related field.
* Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and energy to work and live with staff and campers 24 hours a day
* Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands on” teaching methods
* Must be physically able to perform the tasks required to teach outdoors
* Camp experience preferred
* Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt, and work hard as part of a team pursuing one common goal and objective
June 3 - August 10, 2013
$440 - $550 twice a month plus room and board and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
If you are interested in the position please send your resume and three references to Shannon Repokis at