This position will provide assistance and support to the VETS Center for students who are eligible for Veterans’ Education Benefits. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Greet visitors to the VETS Center as they enter and track their use of the facilities.
- Provide excellent customer service to visitors in person and on the telephone.
- Participate in and advertise programs and events sponsored by the VETS Center (may require some weekend and/or evening hours).
- Provide information to Veterans and their dependents about the different Veterans’ Education Benefits they may qualify for and steps to obtain them.
- Provide access to Veterans’ Education Benefits by assisting students in completing applications and submitting supporting documentation.
- Correspond with Veterans and their dependents to complete file requirements, verify and update information, provide information, and answer questions.
- Assist students in understanding VA requirements as it pertains to their degree plan.
- Prepare student VA records for submission, perform in-house audits, and help maintain records as needed.
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned.
Flexible hours - will work with your schedule.
Apply in person in the UC, room 113.