Angelo State University Police Department
Under general supervision, assists students, employees, and visitors to the university in locating campus facilities; provides clerical support in the communications center as requested and in accordance with department and university policies; processes and directs calls for police services.
Independent judgments in stressful emergency situations and perform multiple tasks simultaneously, coordinate and direct appropriate responses to calls for police services.
Operate a variety of advanced communications equipment, a multi-line telephone system, and specialized computer systems; monitor fire and security alarm systems, coordinate and direct the appropriate responses.
Insure the security and confidentiality of restricted information.
Operate variety of computer systems and software to obtain information on persons, vehicle registrations, driving records, warrants and university records through related databases.
Provide routine assistance to walk-ins, faculty, staff, students and community patrons by providing information, directions, and service.
Ability to work rotating shift assignments, including weekends.
Available for recall to the communications center during major campus emergencies.
Perform other work related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of basic clerical and office procedures and practices;
• Knowledge of the use of a two way radio and telephone system;
• Ability to use and/or learn computers and software in a proficient manner;
• Ability to make accurate and legible entries in a dispatcher log;
• Ability to learn and utilize basic codes for communicating on a two way radio;
• Ability to communicate clearly and accurately;
• Skilled in oral communication, interpersonal relations and customer service.
To apply please contact Ms. Georgana Kennedy at 325-942-2071