Angelo State University Student Life
• Possess excitement and pride for ASU. A strong interest and desire to help new students and their families make a positive transition to ASU.
• Exhibit leadership potential and a commitment to the mission of Orientation Programs, strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of team members as well as populations of students and families.
• Ability to solve problems, manage conflict and remain flexible under pressure.
• Must be in good judicial standing with the University.
• Must be an enrolled, degree-seeking student in good academic standing. Undergraduate applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5; Graduate applicants must have a minimum of 3.0. (GPA will be verified. No exceptions will be granted.)
• Full commitment to the Orientation Program, participating in all sessions and required events including Rambunctious Weekend between May and August 2013.
• Summer courses must not conflict with Ram2Ram sessions. Times of these sessions will be given prior to summer registration.
• Must be willing to work extended hours behind the scenes to prepare for and ensure the success of our orientation programs.
• Assist in the welcoming and transitioning of our incoming students to ASU.
• Foster an environment that helps new students develop an identity as ASU community members.
• Encourage student involvement as members of the ASU campus community.
• Facilitate icebreakers and lead discussions on transition topics with new students.
• Assist in course registration.
• Familiarize new students with campus services and building locations.
• Attend all training events, Orientation dates and Rambunctious Weekend events determined necessary.
• Help in the preparation of Orientation events (i.e. packet stuffing, set-up, etc.)
June 13, 14; July 11, 12, 18, 19, 25; August 21-24; Training dates available on application