Co-op position in Drafting Dept.
This opening is for a co-op position in the Drafting Dept. at the Ethicon facility in San Angelo, Texas. This is an entry level position and training will be provided to enhance the applicant’s skill base once they have been accepted. Typical applicants for this position are those pursuing a mechanical engineering, engineering sciences, drafting, or similar degree although this is not required. The successful applicant will perform duties supporting the Drafting and Engineering Departments. These duties will include:
- Development of drawings and solid models using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Printing and development of 3D models using 3D printer.
- Working closely with engineering and facilities groups to finalize drawing packages for new and existing equipment.
- Document new and existing equipment using standard drafting practices to include drawing development from sketches and mark-ups, bill of materials, and graphics for presentations.
- Requirements / Skills:
- Experience in either AutoCAD or SolidWorks preferred but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Enrolled in a college program leading to a degree or currentlyhave a degree and be taking additional courses locally or in their area to improve the applicants knowledge base or pursue a second degree.
- Able to pass drug test and cursory physical.
Flexible with students schedule/ 15-20 hrs/week during school semesters & 40 hrs/week during holiday breaks & summer unless you are taking classes/ Holiday pay provided
$14-18/hr (depends on experience)
Contact James Austin (Senior CADD) at 325-482-5377 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org between 8:00 and 5:00 Monday through Friday.