Drafting Co-op - Production
This opening is for a temporary position in the Drafting Dept. at the Ethicon facility in San Angelo, Texas. This is an entry level position and training will be provided to the applicant to enhance the applicant’s existing skill base. All applicants are required to be currently enrolled or have proof of pending enrollment in a college degree program. Preferred applicants for this position are those pursuing a degree program in physics, engineering, or engineering sciences. The successful applicant will report to Drafting Department and will perform duties supporting the Drafting, Production, and occasionally Facilities Departments.
- Development and/or revision of drawings using AutoCAD or equivalent 2D CAD software.
- Development and/or revision of drawings and models in SolidWorks or equivalent 3D CADD software.
- Work closely with Production and Project Engineering group and others to finalize drawing packages for new and existing equipment and mechanical drawings.
- Use standard drafting practices to develop drawings and bills-of-material as needed from sketches, mark-ups, and red-lines. Occasionally this will include developing graphics for presentations.
- Use measuring devices to make measurements at equipment installation point. Frequently requires bending, standing, and reaching over equipment to take measurements.
- Typical office clerical work to include filing, scanning, typing, and other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Preferred Skills:
- Experience in either AutoCAD or SolidWorks are preferred but not required.
- Experience with mechanical equipment design or repair are preferred but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work through tasks when provided goals and methods.
- Enrolled in a college program leading to a degree or be taking additional courses to pursue a second degree.
- Able to pass drug test, cursory physical, and any pre-employment screening as applicable.
20 hours per week while classes are in session, 40 hours per week summer and holidays. Hours are based on business needs and applicants class schedule.
$14-18/hr (depends on experience)
Interested applicants can contact the following individual M – F between 8:00 and 5:00 for additional information.
- James Austin – Senior CADD