Ms. Pamela W. Darby, MSN, RN, ACNS-BC, FNP-C
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing, CNS
- Post Master’s Certificate in Nursing, FNP
Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Geriatrics, Roles, Community Health, Physical Assessment, Capstone, Advance Pathophysiology, Advanced Skills for Advance Practice Nurses, Family Primary Care I, Family Primary Care II, Integrated Clinical Practice: FNP, Clinical Instructor
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Intensive Care Unit
- Acute Coronary
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Ambulatory Care
- CNS for a Cardiologist
- FNP for Family Practice
- Recent/Current Projects and Research Interests: Co founded our local Advance Practice Nurse Coalition and have been an active Board Member for 13 years. Have held positions such as Treasurer, Secretary, President Elect twice and President twice. Recently developing a website for this group and helping with a seminar which will address a required continuing education on geriatrics, pharmacology and ethics.
- Founded the first ALS support group in San Angelo and continue to make home visits to people stricken with this disease.
- Formed the first ALS run/walk and made $25,000 for this cause.
- Helped in 2 missionary trips to Honduras and Guyana to help with the under served.
- Have helped in collecting/sending supplies to the women and children of Afghanistan.
- Have been a nurse for several boy scout camps during the summer.
- Helped form People Against Child Abuse which eventually became the local CASA program in San Angelo.
- Past Board Member for the American Heart Association.
- Past board member for the Child Welfare Board.
- Past Board Member for the James Williams Foundation which deals with dyslexia.
- Past Board Member for the Health and Wellness Board for Shannon Hospital.
- Chair Person for 5 Advance Practice/Nursing Practice Symposiums in San Angelo.