Ms. Leonor Pena Constancio
|8 a.m.–Noon, 1–5 p.m.||8 a.m.–Noon, 1–5 p.m.||8 a.m.–Noon, 1–5 p.m.||8 a.m.–Noon, 1–5 p.m.||8 a.m.–Noon, 1–5 p.m.|
- Interacts with internal (university) clients to discuss and understand their marketing goals and maintain communication to manage expectations and ensure client satisfaction.
- Translates client assessment to C&M team, and then develops timelines and oversees implementation of marketing campaigns according to budget and deadlines.
- Provides detailed information and cost estimates to assure accurate data on which to plan and develop functional objectives and budgets.
- Provides creative direction to writing, design and video/photography staff, contracted vendors and publication assistant, delegating tasks as necessary. Makes final presentation of prepared material to clients.
- Manages projects and events in coordination with internal and external constituents, clearly communicating goals of university and its components.
- Develops and utilizes assessment process for campaigns and projects to measure effectiveness toward achievement of stated goals.
- Designs print collateral as needed.
- Oversees use of university marks, logos and trademarks in conjunction with university contract office or licensing vendor.
- Maintains a digital archive of campaign elements produced and suggests works for entry into appropriate peer competitions.
- Hires, trains, and supervises student workers for assistance with projects and customer service duties, such as answering phones and reception of guests.
Leonor joined the ASU family as publications assistant in the Office of Communications and Marketing in the summer of 2007. She brought with her more than 20 years of experience in printing, publications and administration.
As an account executive for the former San Angelo branch of Taylor Publishing Company, she oversaw the production of yearbooks for more than 400 schools. Her duties included page design issues, deadline compliance, technical support, quality-assurance and budget control. She especially enjoyed the training seminars, where she worked closely with yearbook advisors and students, gaining valuable knowledge and experience she now puts to good use at ASU.
Leonor is also a non-traditional student at ASU and is pursuing her bachelor’s degree in communication. Follow her blog to learn about her experiences.
Born and raised in Ozona, Texas, she moved to the “big city” of San Angelo in 1983, where she earned her diploma from American Commercial College in 1984.
In her spare time Leonor enjoys traveling with her family. She and her husband, Arturo, have a son, Levi, who is currently attending the University of Texas-El Paso and majoring in graphic design. They also have one grandson, Xavier.