Dr. Jon C. Ellery
- Ph.D., Texas A&M University
- M.A., University of Arkansas
- B.F.A., Arkansas Tech University
- Poetry and Poetry Writing
- Film Criticism
- Ethnic American Literature
- American Poetry (graduate)
- American Drama (graduate)
- Poetry and Poetics
- Film Studies
- Mythology and Religion
- The Big Mosque of Mercy(poetry). Temple, TX: Ink Brush Press, 2010.
- All this Light We Live In (poetry). Spring, TX: Panther Creek Press, 2006.
- Quarry (poetry chapbook). Denton, TX: Mountain Muse Press, 2005.
- Whatever Happened to Antara (co-translation of Syrian short stories by Walid Ikhlassi). Austin: University of Texas Press, 2004. (with Asmahan Sallah)
Dr. Chris Ellery teaches courses in creative writing, American literature, and film studies. He is interested in the relationship between culture and identity and enjoys exploring the “spirituality” of literature and film, particularly through archetypal analysis.
- Peer Review Committee
- English Program Recognition Committee, Chair
- ASU Writers Conference Committee
- ASU Symposium Committee
- Fullbright Alumni Association
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Texas Association of Creative Writing Teachers
- Anmerican Humor Studies Association
- Texas Institute of Letters